Monday, September 15, 2014

Faithfulness and Beauty

Autumn is definitely on the way, so I've been hearing. The truth is, I tho't it seemed like it a few weeks ago! To this Florida raised girl, the weather we had last week was winter weather!! It seriously was the kind of weather you hoped would make itself present for Christmas Day in Florida and I always found myself hoping it would be cold all day Christmas! Our little family is quite eager to discover the autumn season with all the changing leaves, brisk weather, hopefully pumpkin festivals in cooler weather~some of the things that we didn't experience in Florida!

The other day as I was in thought to our children's faithfulness in Christ, the Holy Spirit reminded me that my faithfulness and the faithfulness of their daddy is a key factor in that. As God is able to grow, stretch and purify our hearts, that mighty work is also done in the hearts of our children.  But if the Holy Spirit's work is not allowed to purify us of our sin, that has serious consequences that is trickled down to our kiddos.  
 
Now as individuals God will still call our children out and faithfully prove Himself to them, but the whole train up a child in the way he should go, I believe has a lot to do with the work that is first taking place in our own life!! 

At the same time, I rest in the perfection of my King Jesus and trust in Him to be everything that I am not! He so faithfully takes my meager offering with all it's imperfections and He touches it and works His effective work in our children!! Now that is really really an awesome thing to me!! I am still an unfinished product myself, and yet we are raising these precious kids, so it is the faithfulness of a very great God that my trust rest in and it's His blessing that annoints the training we sincerely invest in our precious kids lives!!  

The verse that says if we train up our kids in the way they should go and the promise that they will not depart, has for most of my motherhood, bothered me, rather than bless me! I'd look around as a young mommy, and see all the youth rebellion in the Church, in so called Christian families and I found no comfort in the verse! But God kept pressing me in to Him and the blessing He desires for His children, till I had to look square on the verse and believe it. I still do not have all the different answers, but God says it and I'm choosing to believe it.

 Also, whenever I hear the story of Hudson Taylor's mother being burdened to pray for her wayward son and she spent time in prayer till he actually surrendered his heart to God..  I have mostly been troubled how such a godly woman had a wayward son in the first place-I don't know the answer to that either, but her son completely gave his whole life to Jesus and His work. And he went on to become a man of God. I will continue to believe the promises of God's Word, and continue to allow Him to weed any sin of pride, bitterness, anger, whatever it might be, from my heart.

I am so deeply grateful of the daily blessings of peace and joy that is ours as children of God. It kinda just struck me again this morning, of the beauty that is oursto pour lavishly into every new day and that our homes can spill over with all that is truly lovely!! Today, I've been given the fresh bursting gift of life and I have the honorable priviledge to mother our children, to bless my sweet Mike's life, to live out Proverrbs 31!! 

The more faith I find myself embracing, the more I taste of the fullness of Christ! Our life in Him is rich and beautiful.

Just last night I sadly thought of someone who has lived mostly to secure their own selfish dream- house ( or so I imagine), money....and the broken relationships...and as they approach the end of their life, I see quite sadly, that they are being left with a handful of ashes.. 

On the other hand, as children of God, we live and walk and breathe a Heavenly dream and all of what is in Heaven becomes ours right here on earth~it touches our marriages, our children, our Church family, our personal life in Christ!! Our senses fairly burst at the grandness and greatness of our God!!! The beauty of His sunrise, the whisper of the leaves thro' the trees, the smell of autumn, the magnificent Rockies that proclaim His power and His greatness!! 

                           


(A reminder about our adoption...If you missed the announcement see our older post,  "Twice the Blessing and Double the Expectancy!"

 You will find a donation button at the top right of this page and we thank you in advance for your gift of any amount as God prompts you. If you prefer to write a check out to our Church and receive a tax deductible receipt you may make checks payable to: "Ellerslie Mission Society" and be sure to note on the memo blank that it is: "Groff family adoption". The address is: 655 Southwood Lane  Windsor, Co. 80550. Thank you and God bless you!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi:)! It is our desire that as you view our blog you would be greatly encouraged and inspired in your own walk with Christ on this journey we call "life".:)