Monday, December 29, 2014

Intrinsic Joy

As the sun was tinting the eastern horizon, casting it's soft pink glow across the landscape, I donned cap and coat and went for an early morning walk. The world lays under a blanket of white.. The snow- covered magnificent Rockies still towering strong and handsome in the background.

The world is quiet, peaceful..my soul is quiet, peaceful..

enter my cozy and warm home, it's twinkling Chrsitmas lights, with a soul that carries the warmth also. I am reminded again that a soul whose refuge is in the Lord, does indeed experience a peace that passeth all understanding, as Scripture says. A life that cherishes and holds close her Lord, is not defined, cannot even be defined in anything of this world, save Jesus Christ, He alone is the definition.

He offers peace when otherwise there would be no peace. He offers rest when there are no easy answers. He offers joy no matter what the circumstances. His love fills and ultimately spills over in a life who cherishes Him. 

To me, this is absolutely the most beautiful...

 I have seen many a person whose smile is literally from the heart and their laughter comes from deep inside somewhere. An outflow of a well springing with eternal life that is always overflowing just as our Lord has promised.
 The ever present soft glow surrounds their lives as I saw on my morning stroll...something beautiful, magnificent..a strength that seems to be everywhere present..I cannot explain it and realize that it can only be defined in Jesus Christ.

To me, this is the most beautiful...

When I see young mommies in the grocery store who smiles on their children with love, I applaud them.. An older couple whose years of faithful toil, marking their brow, loving, enjoying their last remaining years together, I applaud them and a sadness touches me as I think how this world is loosing something very valuable with the passing of that generation. When I see beautiful families whose children reminds me of the song, "Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight" and I smile inside as I witness the beauty of their adoptions, I applaud them.

When I see mommys and daddys just like Mike and I, busying raising their kiddos amidst bringing in the bread and butter on single incomes, all the while cherishing each other and continuing to build and nurture their future together, I applaud them.

And if I listen, just still myself and listen closely.....all these are living in the music, the soft glow, from the same beautiful song..
*faithfulness
*trust
*beauty with scars (a lovely medal of victory won)
*agape love ( much, much richer than our own, even tho we would have loved our best)
*obedience, humility (Christ truly is much much more noble than we could ever be on our own)

All these different stories on different walks of life, experience rainy days and even stormy days, but they all believe the same beautiful Truth~the Son will shine. He offers them peace when otherwise their would be no peace. He offers them His rest when there are no clear answers..and like my mommy always said, "The proof is in the pudding." And that my friend, would be the over flowing and ever glowing, always present "Joy" that surrounds such a life.

The most absolute astounding and magnificent beauty is this: 

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him
should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
I am come that they might have life,
 and that they might have [it] more abundantly." John 10:10


                                It's all gift wrapped and ready for the next reaching soul(s). 


         


                                        

                                     .   

       


           
  


 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi:)! It is our desire that as you view our blog you would be greatly encouraged and inspired in your own walk with Christ on this journey we call "life".:)