Tuesday, October 2, 2012

" A Toddler on an Outdoor Excursion"

October already! My, how time flies! The other day we bought our first lil" pumpkin with pumpkin pie in mind. Our sweet lil guy Cameron gave us this intriguing mouthwatering idea!! So for our first autumn treat, we owe a big "Thank you " to Cameron!!:) We notice fall in a few subtle changes...the slant of the sun and sometimes it's like you can even just "smell" fall :). Another treat is, some days carry a bit of coolness even tho' it's still hot. Guess you gotta be a southerner to notice it!!:) Our lil Branson is really taking off on his toddling. So sweet....:) Today I took him out to the porches and we walked back and forth...back and forth... As I matched my steps to his and just slowed my whole pace down it gave me Spiritual eye opening contemplation. So like my Heavenly Papa. He gently holds my hand, not too tight. Just lightly enough to give me a sense of freedom that I'm on my own. But His great Hand holding mine doesn't let me stray. After our excursion of walking back and forth I decided it would be nice to let the lil' guy experience the tickling feel of walking barefoot on the grass...Now our porch is up 3 steps. I could have lifted him up and place him safely on the ground, but the tho't occurred to me that since he will be walking more and more on his own, he needs to learn how to get off the porch safely on his own...So I led him to the steps and helped him back around and crawl down the proper way ( for a baby that is.:) We really enjoyed our mini stroll...after a bit I gave him the lead with his hand still safely tucked in mind... I was surprised to noticed we only walked in small circles...Wow~ I do that in my Spiritual walk sometimes...Just stay within the realm of what I comfortingly know. Never choosing to stretch myself to involve more. I gently encouraged lil Branson to walk outside his little 3x3 comfort zone..So like the Father, as He takes me further on my Spiritual journey. The same way I was on the lookout for ants or anything poky that might hurt my lil one; I know God has me covered too. Yes, sometimes the terrain is uneven and I stumble, but God's comforting Hand is always in reach of mine..And He already sees what's ahead. .It's only if "I" stubbornly push Him away that I really hurt myself. Even then I believe He's still there..watching ...and ready to warmly grasp my small hand in His.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi:)! It is our desire that as you view our blog you would be greatly encouraged and inspired in your own walk with Christ on this journey we call "life".:)