Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Gourmet "De`jeuner "



Just the other day (of course in my extended family that could mean months ago!) as I sat on our back porch waiting for the sun to rise over our horizon, I was surprised how chilly it actually was! I reflected how once the sun made it's grand appearance the chill would be chased away and it's warmth would permeate everything. Just like my life in Christ. Without God there's a chill and coldness of heart but with the rising of the "Son" comes warmth and blessing filling the whole soul. For my life I desire to spread that warmth and understanding to others around me. I get really excited!  "Oh, God, please fill me with all these good things!!" As I sat there caught up in the moment of expectation in my outdoor sanctuary, I sooo desired to be ALL that God planned for me to be-as a sweetheart wife for my Mike, as a  mommy school teacher~mommy counsellor~mommy doctor~mommy lawyer to our kids,and a ministering daughter of Jesus Christ as I help meet the Spiritual needs alongside my Mike in the lives of our kids. I was reminded of the song about helping light others' candles in this life....Wow..My prayer, "Oh, God, fill me with Yourself! Light my candle to a luscious glow and not a flickering waning flame." I wanna freely give as I have been freely given to of Jesus Christ! Can I allow God to touch me with the pain and hurt of others?! That staggered me.....to gaze on them with tears blurring my vision? And yet somehow spiritually I have clearer vision even amidst the tears when I allow Christ to use my eyes. "Will I give You everything, God? Or will I only give You part of myself?" In earthly relationships it doesn't go well if I keep part of myself selfishly. Whether it's in my relationship with my Mike or with our kiddos. Unless I selflessly spend my self meeting their needs and they meeting mine-well there's just awesome beauty in sacrificial love. One of the 6 graces~agape love. "Oh, God, fill my heart with agape love." God gently prodded me that early morning that I could only love so much but that HIS love could fill me! It's the kind of love that will reach out to "the least of these" and with Him looking out thro' my eyes I will see others as He sees them and they will become precious to me. Agape love- YES!! I want it! Oh that us mamas would love our kids with agape love....I can't think of a better combination  than pure unselfish mama love blended with agape love~ that's actually how I become absorbed with pure unselfish mama love! I love our kids but unless I let agape love filtrate every fiber of my being I can only love to a limited capacity with my sweet mama love. Jesus completes the recipe. and a beautiful aroma spreads thro' our home. Mmmm I love a strong scented candle burning...filling our house...seeping into every room...Oh that my love and life would be as that home sweet home and cinnamon scone Yankee candle....I don't consider myself a gourmet cook and possibly that isn't where my highest interest is, although I enjoy watching my family enjoy a good meal.... But if I can allow God to add all the necessary ingredients to my life in order to bring to fruition His love AGAPE LOVE....Oh  now that adds some serious gourmet flavor! And this stirs me and gets me excited!! :):)
 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi:)! It is our desire that as you view our blog you would be greatly encouraged and inspired in your own walk with Christ on this journey we call "life".:)