Monday, December 24, 2012

We Wish You a Verrry Merry CHRISTMAS!!!!!



I sit here in the early morning....the house is still quiet. The welcoming lights from the Christmas tree beckons me nearer into this whole Christmas celebration...I am surrounded with faith and family (my sister which is married to my husband's brother are at our house for the holidays with their four precious kids.) Oh the good times! I know it won't be long and this whole house will become alive as the kid's run downstairs to the smell of sausage, eggs and toasted English muffins..Course the savory aroma of coffee might draw the adults to the kitchen too. Both of my parents have finished the race God put them on in this life and are even now experiencing that "Gold Cup:). But I have to think how they left a precious part of themselves here with us. My daddy was an old drunk in his younger years but God changed his life and took resident inside him. My mom followed my dad that same night in her commitment to their Christ. I serve that same Christ now and because of the steps my parents took and the choices they made, spared me a lot of heartache (actually I never would have been born as my mother was preparing to leave my dad 11 years before my birth). But God seeks to save them which are lost! I Praise Him!! Christmas always increases the coziness of what I actually have in Christ. This time of year it's a treasure to see the kids' faces light up over and over again a they experience everything this season has to offer...stories, lights, Christmas cookie bakes, setting up our Christmas village, decorating the tree (even carrying the tree in the house is an awesome thing!! As they take turns heaving the 6 foot Frasier! Mommy even has to pose for the camera as they eagerly draw me into their excitement! The music and Christmas movies, candies~it's all fun!! The secrets too...just yesterday after Church Mike kindly stopped at the local Christian bookstore because our 8 year old Cameron, all on his own, thought of something for mommy...I know I will treasure it forever, whatever it is...I caught him smiling the night before and upon questioning him, he replied something like this, "I'm just thinking about the present I am going to get you." Now that is precious!! Jesus must do that often and if we would see His smile and ask Him about it, He would probably, thinking of the grandness and greatness of Heaven,  reply, "I'm just thinking about the present I have for you." This is something to get excited about!!! What if I met people in Walmart and they asked me about the contagious smile on my face and I reply, "I'm just thinking about the gift God has for you!" That would have to pique their curiosityy!! I love it!!!~Cause I love Jesus!! And I want others to know and love Him too!

2 comments:

  1. Yes,Wonderful Miriam...love to hear and see your inspirational family life! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Hi:)! It is our desire that as you view our blog you would be greatly encouraged and inspired in your own walk with Christ on this journey we call "life".:)